10.6.09

Hazy Shade of Raspberry Summer

I finished it! Well, mostly. I've finished all of the pieces of the Wicked Vest except for the seaming and buttons. I'm off of work tomorrow, so the plan is to put all together then.

In the meantime, I have begun the Great Gatsby Dress from this summer's Interweave. It's really pretty, and I was prepared for it to take forever, but . . . the lace section is kicking me in the butt. It's much more complicated than anything I've ever knit before, but I'm on the fifth repeat and I think I'm finally starting to get it, so that's good. I have several other projects that I should be working on, but I'm enjoying this one, so we'll see how long I can stick it out.

While I was visiting my family, my mom and I went to visit my aunt. We went to one of the local yarn stores in Hickory, NC, A Strand of Pearls. I don't know much about yarn shops, but I really enjoyed this one. All of the yarn was organized on the walls with a table in the middle of the main section at which several people were knitting. In one section was a reading corner, with knitting books along one wall. The other wall featured a large tree made out of balls of yarn. The owner was very friendly, as was her 10 week old korgie.



They were having a sale while I was there: a basket of Loop D Loop by Teva Durham Moss, buy one get one free! So of course, I bought some. Two beautiful skeins of bright raspberry pink. Now what am I going to make with this yarn? I'm not sure. This is the first time I've bought stash with no intended purpose. Common for knitters, but very uncommon for me. I may just have reached a new level of obsession . . .



. . . but it's so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment