18.5.13

Going Loopy

You know how I said at the beginning of the year that I was not going to put too many obligations on myself?  And then I committed to those stockings I keep talking about.  And then I signed up for Harry Potter Knit and Crochet House Cup.  And now?  And now.  Now I have signed on for Camp Loopy.  Because that is what I have become.  Loopy.

In all seriousness, though, I have been wanting to give Camp Loopy a go since year one.  But I did not find out about it in time to participate.  I didn't even know what the Loopy Ewe was two years ago.  And then last summer I had my standard "holy crap I'm getting married" preoccupation,  so I absolutely had to sign up this year when I found out that it was that time again.  This round's first month assignment is to knit a single skein project with no less than 375 yards in a yarn you have never used.  Any guess what I picked?


I am pretty sure I am going to knit Shur'tugal by Alice Yu.  I've been ogling Desert Vista Dyeworks' self-striping for ages, so I jumped at the chance to knit a pair of socks for this challenge.  Mona Lisa is a five color self-striping that looks to have short color repeats, which should work well for this pattern.

If you have any interest in jumping in on the Camp Loopy fun you still have time before the first cast-on date.  Camp kicks off June first.  I'm climbing Mt Fiberopolis!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like fun, the yarn is pretty and shur'tugal is a great pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. I joined Camp Loopy this year, too, and picked DVD Mona Lisa for my project, but I'm climbing Mt. Kaytwopeatwo. Vanilla stripey socks here I come!

    ReplyDelete