28.6.11

"My target is misbehavior"

Last week was really really rough.  There was a lot of bad news dolled out throughout the family, but it's a new week and this week only good news is allowed.

One of the most exciting things to happen recently is the arrival of Ysolda Teague's new book Little Red in the City.


I preordered this bad boy as soon as I had the opportunity, so sometime around January?  In any case, I am so excited to finally have this book.  Only down side is that I'm currently knitting solely from stash and I have nothing that could do these gorgeous patterns justice.  My favorite is Melia.


I've since fallen in love with all of the other patterns, but it's the technical stuff that's truly awesome.  If you have any interest at all in knitting sweaters, I suggest you check it out.  I'll do a more in depth review after I finish reading it and actually knit one of the patterns.

The other big exciting thing was my first ever Can't Stop the Serenity.  This was the sixth year and was tons of fun.  Plus I finished a sleeve on the Lodi Cardigan!


If you are unfamiliar with Can't Stop the Serenity I suggest you check it out.  It is the annual screening of the film Serenity held across the world every summer in honor of Joss  Whedon's birthday.  Funds raised from each event go to benefit Equality Now, an organization that fights some of the most brutal forms of gender discrimination around the world.

Now I need to try to get some work done before tonight's final installment of Lord of the Rings!

1 comment:

  1. Yours has arrived?! I shall immediately go and stalk the postman!

    ReplyDelete