17.6.11

Desperately Blogging Nothing

Have you missed me?  I haven't fallen off the earth, I promise.  But there really hasn't been anything new lately to write about.  Actually, that's a lie.  But by the time I got a chance to write about it this was all that was on my brain...


Oh yeah.  I got the mother of all sinus infections.  But I should back up a bit.

The past few weeks are a blur.  I went out of town to work an event for a few days to make some fast cash to do things like, say, eat.  I also took the opportunity on that trip to stop by home and see my family.  We had a ton of fun and yes, there was some yarn purchasing, probably the last purchase for a long time.


But dude that yarn is soo totally worth it (and did I mention it was on sale?!)

Then I came back here and finally got a job!  Last week I officially started work at the children's museum downtown.  I work literally two blocks from the state capital building and get to spend all day welcoming kids and their families to some of the most fun ever.  Anyone who has talked to me in the past few weeks, ever since I interviewed, has heard me gush about how much I love this place.  It is so much fun.

So that brings us to now.  Obviously working around kids has its downsides.  I spent my last free weekend on the couch, struggling to breath.  I tried to do some knitting, but honestly I was so drugged I was really really slow.  And I picked up a second job tutoring so between two jobs and writing my thesis there hasn't been much time to knit.  Hopefully that will change soon, because I miss you guys and no knitting productivity means nothing to blog about!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got a job you like: and it will build your immunities ;-)

    ReplyDelete