29.6.11

WIP Wednesday: Sock Yarn Conundrum

Check out more WIP:Wednesday posts from the lovely bloggers linked over at Tami's Amis.

We succeeded in winning back Middle Earth last night, just please don't send us back too soon or someone may have to very enthusiastically address Peter Jackson about their concerns with the lack of intermission.  I all but finished the Lodi Cardigan.  I think I have 4 rows left.  So expect more on that soon!

In the meantime, I have found myself in a bit of a pickle.  Yesterday I realized that my last two skeins of sock yarn are on the needles.  One special skein is becoming a very simple shawl that I try to only knit on my lunch breaks or just before bed.  The other is a most glorious shade of red (I told you, I have a recent red obsession. I blame all the time I spend studying the Soviet Union) .  In an effort to make it last because I have a feeling I will not get any more sock yarn for a while (try not to think about it. It's too painful), I am knitting one of the most difficult patterns I have in my library -- Kristi by Cookie A.


Now I'm sure there are at least a few more difficult patterns in Sock Innovation, but this one seems  tailor-made for my special skein of Knit Picks Stroll Tonal.  I've never knit a sock that is charted on every row and it has been requiring some intense concentration.  Unfortunately my plan to make  the sock knitting last may have backfired.  I am now completely addicted to the chart.  Much to the detriment of my writing productivity.

Oops!

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty sock. Congrats on the Lodi finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently in a purple obsession but reds are so tantalizing too. I love how each shade can take on entirely different characteristics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sock looks really involved! I'm glad you're having fun with it, despite your need to make your sock yarn last a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wondered why someone would make those difficult sock patterns so you have enlightened me :)

    Love the red - really pretty.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, no more sock yarn!?!? That's painful. The socks are beautiful and will be amazing in that red!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every row is charted?? Oh my, you are brave!

    Are you studying the Soviet Union as a student of history or perhaps the Russian language?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great, interested in seeing your shawl too.

    ReplyDelete