17.5.12

Exciting Endings

Exciting things are happening around here.  As you would expect with an impending marriage, but other life-stuff is starting to change soon.  I'm going to be all vague here and non-disclosurey because I have to be, but I can promise I'll fill you in as soon as I can.

In the meantime, here's a look at some exciting stuff that has happened in the lives of some people who have made guest appearances on the blog.  Aka, a look at what happened to cause all of that knitting last weekend:

On Saturday Chris, who my brother very affectionately calls "Lawyer Boy", graduated from, well, law school.  Both my parents and his parents drove up and we had a lovely time planning wedding stuff and chit-chatting while we waited for him to cross the stage.


All I have to say is only Chris would take the opportunity to fist-bump the US Attorney General.  Yes, I have video evidence, it's just trapped on my phone.

And then on Sunday my sister graduated with an associates degree in nursing.  If she continues with the program she will graduate next spring with a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing, meaning she's basically very smart and can stab people with needles really well.


In all seriousness, I am extremely proud of both of them.  The past three years have been a host of struggles and triumphs for all of us and it was great to witness both cross this particular hurdle.  In 2009 we all graduated, Chris and I from college and Eva from high school.  Now they have both managed to achieve a level of success that I know they both sometimes doubted they could reach or even want.  In today's economy a degree is no guarantee of work.  But they both did it any way and I am proud to count them both as my family.


Now if they can just survive their licensing exams this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment