19.9.12

A Lack of Tangible Progress

One of the things I love about participating in WIP Wednesday is that it gives me a chance every week to take a hard look at my knitting and see how I have spent my time in the past week.  Generally I come away with some sense of accomplishment and a reaffirmed sense that I am doing something meaningful and worthwhile.  This is not one of those weeks.  This is one of those other weeks in which I look at my knitting with sad eyes and try to forget the way we have treated one another.

As I mentioned on Monday I have become a two project girl.  I have several things on the needles and I really want to finish something.  I am becoming antsy about the number of projects I have planned and thus really want to free up some space in my mental queue.  In the past few days, however, I have become largely monogamous to my Holla Back Tank.  Which is a development you can blame on Nathan Fillion.


Despite its progress while under the influence of cold medicine, I have discovered that when it comes to colowork I have to draw the line at reading.  Not even I can multi-task that well.

You may have noticed that I am not really that far along for the amount of time I have claimed to be working on this piece.  That is because, dear readers, what you see is the fourth attempt.  Unlike colorwork, it appears that lace knitting and cold medicine do not work -- for me at least.  I had to rip it back to the cast on three times because I ended up with such a snarl at the end of my row.  But the good news is that yesterday Chris was sworn in as a lawyer, a ceremony that is done in open court and takes a really long time.  I got a good three inches done on the back during all of the speaking and other new lawyers.


So there you have it.  Minimal progress for a minimal week.  Hopefully someone else has more inspiring bits of news, which you can find over at Tami's Amis.


5 comments:

  1. I'm confused - what does Nathan Fillion have to do with it? I hope this attempt is the decisive one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nathan Fillion plays the character of Richard Castle (on the tv show Castle), who "wrote" this book.

      Delete
  2. It looks so pretty. I am having minimal progress with my knitting too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't fret. It's just an off-week, and we're all entitled to one of those every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Michelle, try not to get down about the set backs. They sometimes stall me and that id\s scary. I am one who knits daily, a day when I don't have the urge to work on something is unnerving.
    On the other hand, too many WIPs can create slowed progress. It is difficult to resist the cast-on-itis that affects me .....weekly? If I buckle down and focus on one or two projects, I just feel more effective and happy.
    Congrats on the swearing in! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete