9.1.13

Bombshell Cables

If I say that I am knitting shorts, what do you think of?  Probably something awkward, something super crafty and not in the good way, but in kindergarten collage crossed with scary grandmother yard sale.  But what if I showed you this.


Now are you intrigued?

I keep saying that I want to knit items that are flattering and that make me feel good.  But one thing about fashion?  It comes with risk.  And I had this yarn sitting in my stash for longer than I care to admit.  So when I got the fall issue of Holla Knits I looked at this pattern, rolled my eyes, and moved on.  But I kept thinking about it.  The styling over tights is the way I like to dress in our mild winter weather, and the finished objects I started to see rolling in totally caught my eye.

So after Christmas I had a few days off alone in front of the tv and I gave in.  The cabling is completely addictive.  I knit the first leg in a day and keep finding myself knitting more than I intend because I become obsessed with knitting just a little bit longer.


I hope these turn out to be as awesome as they are in my head and do not result in a crazy cabled monstrosity I hide in the back of the closet.  We shall see.

For more works in progress, swing by the group over on Tamis Amis.


4 comments:

  1. ooh those are super cute, I can't wait to see them finished - and I love the colour you've chosen. have a knitty (and cabley) Wednesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I could never pull those off, but they're super cute. And now I'm imagining all sorts of fun tights you could wear them with. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on my wavelength! I've been thinking of shorts for a while, but my sister told me I was crazy, and not in a good way. can't wait to see you model them, they are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude! I have *almost* knit those so many times.
    I hope they are amazing. ^_^

    ReplyDelete