17.1.12

Down the Rabbit Hole

So... have you seen the new Whimsical Little Knits?  I know, right?!  It's, like, so awesome and pretty and it has that whole whimsical thing going for it... It's pretty much the cat's meow of accessory collections.

This is the conversation I imagined having with my knitting bff.  The one who keeps up with Ravelry and indie designers.  The one I essentially do not have in my corner of the world.  One day that will change, but that's beside the point.

Anyway, back to Whimsical Little Knits 3.  It dropped like an atomic bomb on the knitting community the other night.  I was just sitting there on the couch, knitting on my sweater, when suddenly Ysolda tweeted a link leading to the preorder of WLK3.  A link I immediately jumped on with much flailing and enthusiasm.  And then I found out that not only was it a preorder, but that the digital copy was immediately available for download.

I don't remember much after that, just a blur of flailing and yelling and casting on.  All I know is that I barely slept that night and somehow the rest of the yarn needed for that second Kristi sock I still need to knit is now becoming this:


Roisin was released last year in Interweave Accessories, but I somehow managed to resist and wait for WLK3 instead.  I'm so glad I did.  I'm trying to track down the yarn I need to knit Hendreary.  A hat with a giant button motif?  How can I refuse?

No comments:

Post a Comment