1.1.12

Nothing New Here

Happy new year!  I hope everyone had a fun new year's eve.  I rang the new year in the way I love best -- sound asleep.  I know, I'm lame.  But we had a crazy week at work and I was tired.  Plus as a student my measure of time has always been August, rather than January.  I'd say this year is different since I graduated, but I'm getting married in August, so it's still the milestone month for me.

I wasn't going to do a year in knitting review because I have just been too caught up in crazy wedding planning, but last night I was struck by the need to leave no loose ends from 2011.  Obviously I could not finish all my lingering WIPs, but I did pick one.  My Vampire Academy Cowl only needed the ends woven in, so I took the loose end thing literally and finished it off.


This makes for 40 FOs in 2011.  Which is a lot more than I thought I would knit.   According to my Ravelry notebook this makes for:

7 pairs of socks
2 scarves
8 hats
5 cowls
6 shawls
4 small random gifties
and 7 (!) sweaters

Excuse me while I pat myself on the back.  One of my biggest knitting goals this year was to knit things I actually liked.  I did some major frogging this year and I think I really learned that truth.  If I don't like it now, I won't wear it later.

I don't have any real knitting goals for 2012.  I know I'll be knitting somethings for the wedding, though I'm not sure what exactly they will be.  Mostly I plan to just continue as I have.  It's been a pretty lean year for me financially, and that won't be changing any time soon.  I'm going to keep stashing when I have the funds and not feeling guilty for the occasional splurge.  If there's one thing I know now that I didn't know last year, it's that the stash can save my sanity.  It's ok to add to it because it, like a savings account, is a measure of security when the yarn money runs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment