5.1.12

Miraculous Computery Goodness

Tonight is a very special night.  And not just because of the return of The Vampire Diaries and The Secret Circle.  And not even because Heather Hogan just posted her Pretty Little Liars recap, which is usually reason enough.  No, tonight is the night my computer was reborn.

In the past year and a half my computer has suffered numerous problems.  The fan shorted out, then the internet stopped connecting, the headphone jack broke, the keyboard decided to stop using key letters, like "r" and "c" (oh yeah, my first draft of my thesis was missing these letters.  Can you imagine how that went?), and then, the screen cracked.  It's been a dismal time for my computer and me, but honestly I guess that's what I get for naming my computer after my favorite Dollhouse doll.  They're always a little broken.

Yesterday the last piece of a working computer arrived in the mail.  My new screen.


Thankfully I live with a techie genius.  First she dismembered it.


And then she tore it to pieces.


And then . . . magically . . . it came back together.  And it is beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment