2.7.12

More Holla Swatching

Thank you to everyone who left such kind comments about my Umbre Lovre.  I have not had an occasion to actually wear it out yet, but it is sitting in the closet anxiously awaiting its turn about the town.

Now that I have that off the needles, it is time to turn to the other sweater I have planned for this summer, also from Holla Knits -- the Holla Back Tank by Emma Welford.


I am using Knit Picks Gloss Fingering in Bordeaux, which knit up beautifully in the swatch.  I once again ran into the problem of falling between sizes, but my stitch gauge on the recommended needles was a little small, so I am hoping to achieve the preferred amount of ease on the size 36.  I'm excited to see how it turns out as I have not knit a seamed garment in a long time.  Hopefully my skills have progressed enough to avoid some of my early sweater failures.

I was planning to have this to wear for the honeymoon as well, but now it is starting to look like it will be something I actually knit on the honeymoon as I keep adding more and more secret wedding crafting to my plate.  Hopefully someone will stop me soon.  It is becoming insane!

Side note -- everytime I read Holla Back Tank I think of this (starts at 1:50)



Hep Alien is the greatest.

2 comments:

  1. It looks really good. I hope you get the gauge figured out. XD And no more wedding knitting. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Faith!

    This is Emma Welford, I saw Allyson's tweet about you knitting the tank and wanted to drop by! I knit the 32" size sample to wear myself and I have 33" bust, so an inch of negative ease. The lace back stretches a lot, and actually looks best stretched out which is why I designed the pattern to be worn with negative ease. I think you'll do fine, but if you have any questions feel free to hit me up on Rav or my site!

    ReplyDelete