25.9.10

Sometimes It's Better to Receive

I love getting mail.  There's something about the mystery of checking the mailbox.  It's like finding out you have a comment on a blog post.  Super exciting.  So you can imagine how excited I was when my package from Mom contained this.


I'm not sure the technical fashion term for this item, but I'm going to call it a "caplet" cause it's not a poncho, but it's not a shawl either.  It's a handknit from my Aunt and it's made out of Noro (I know. You can stop drooling now), which I have never knit with, but am now even more determined to purchase.  I've only received a few hand knits in my time, and this is the first one I've been given since I started knitting myself.  I can only hope that everything I make for someone else makes them feel as special as I felt when I put on this caplet.  And I'm going to try harder to handknit gifts for people I know who knit rather than buy them something (unless it's something knitting related), because I truly appreciate the amount of time and effort that went in to making this.

It is still obscenely hot here in North Carolina, but we had the vaguest hint of a breeze on Friday, so I changed my outfit in the last 10 minutes before I headed out the door.


A little warm, but I love it.  Plus, I got tons of compliments from people who were shocked that it was handmade.  Ah, the joys of knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment