11.7.11

FO: Andrea in Paris

My roommate Andrea's favorite place in the entire world is Paris.  Or New York City.  But there wasn't a shawl pattern for a famous NYC landmark so we're going to say Paris.  Back in November I asked her if I knit Natalie Servant's Eiffel Tower Shawl if she would wear it.  She said yes and so here we are.  Happy Birthday!  In July.  Finally done.  Eight months late.


In my defense I thought it would be much more difficult than it actually was.  This lovely pattern was actually pretty straight forward.  The only real difficulty I had was when I got to the third chart.  It's pretty readable if you aren't trying to read the chart, knit in a dark yarn, and watch the last four episodes Game of Thrones.  It is a laceweight pattern too, so it's not even effective for hiding behind because you can see through it.  Note to self, never knit laceweight when watching HBO.


I knit this out of Knit Picks Shadow in the colorway Midnight.  It's a black with undertones of blue and green.  Just like the planet.

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I've had that shawl in my queue for a while. I hope the recipient likes it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tres jolie! I am off to check out the palette. It sounds like a lovely color.

    PS: I've given plenty of late birthday presents. I think if the gift is hand-knit, the fact that is is late should be overlooked. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's absolutely stunning. Truly. Wow, great job. And I am so envious of your ability to knit lace and do something else at the same time. When I knit lace there must be ABSOLUTE. SILENCE.

    ReplyDelete