29.7.11

FO: Liesl

I've had Liesl in my queue for a while.  It is an adorable sweater pattern that appears to be extremely customizable (a word which the internet and I seem incapable of spelling properly).  I have never been a big bolero fan, they seem to cut funny, so maybe it's the fact I have some weird yardage for some sweater yarn, but I had to make this.


It was a quick knit, taking longer to buy the clasp than to actually knit the sweater.  The pattern is a bit pricey at £5.00 (that's about $8 American), but I picked it up during Ysolda's annual birthday one-day sale.  After working with the pattern and seeing how much detail and variation she works into the pattern itself I totally understand the reasoning behind the price.


The yarn is Araucania Ulmo Multi that I picked up last summer.  For cotton, it did not make my hands as stiff as I expected.  I alternated two skeins to avoid any dye lot problems, which also prevented pooling and made the overall effect of the colors more cohesive.  The only problem is that now I still have the equivalent of almost one skein left over and I have no idea what to use it for.

To see more lovely FOs, check out Tami's Amis

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! It was worth the money - it looks great on you!! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great on you and the colors are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever you, alternating the skeins. It's very pretty. Maybe you need to make another for a friend with the leftovers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I am on a bolero, shrug frenzy at the moment however not for me, they are all for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great on you. Awesome design and great yarn for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it came out amazing! I've added it to my queue. Knowing it's as customisable as you said (and my spell checker also hates that word) means the price is worth it. Thanks for sharing your FO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sweater, looks really nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks awesome and I love the colors in your yarn! Sometimes I balk and a few of the prices for patterns, but a lot of them that are pricey do have reasoning behind it I've found.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! I know what you mean about taking longer to find the clasp than to knit the thing... I take forever to get the right button/zipper/whatever!
    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks awesome! I love the colourway you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks very pretty - it drapes very nicely on you... love the colorway too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks lovely on you!! What a wonderful little cover-thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks fabulous! I keep going back and forth about whether I want to knit this one, and then I see one as lovely as this and I am back on the Liesl bandwagon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks good. I like the color. Before I started knitting and crocheting, it never would have occurred to me to wear a bolero or shrug.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely! The pattern does seem to be worth it!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning! I'm not naturally drawn to boleros either, but yours turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete