15.7.11

FO: Lodi Cardi

It's finally here!  My Lodi Cardigan is finally done!  Actually, it was done on Sunday but I wanted to save it for Friday to share with the Tami's Amis group because you were there for all the WIP posts (see what I did there. Excellent insertion of blog linkage!)


Lodi Cardigan from Knitscene Summer 2011 in Cascade Sierra

I finally got the yarn to photograph in the bright red it truly is.  Isn't it a lovely color?  Just made me feel like a superhero or something.

In all seriousness though I am enjoying this.  It may be obscenely hot outside but this is quickly becoming my go-to cardigan for overly air-conditioned buildings.  I highly recommend the pattern which is very well written.  This was my first sweater with a button band and the instructions actually made a lot of sense.  I chose these awesome sparkly buttons that seemed just wild enough to fit the bold personality of the yarn.  They're sewn on with navy thread that matches the grosgrain ribbon that I used per the Knitmore GirlsCouture Button Tutorial (took me two nights but the results are totally worth it).


While I honestly am enjoying this cardigan it did provide some learning moments.  When it was all finished and the buttons were sewn on I ran into my bathroom to try it on.  It looked great until I buttoned it and found that while it buttoned the fabric gaped.  It seems I had a momentary loss of brain function and made the same size as my bust measurements.  In a cotton yarn.  I blame the fact that I generally knit with a bit of negative ease and that I'm still new to this whole sweater knitting thing.  I seemed to forget that cotton yarn does not stretch the way wool and wool blends do.


But it looks great unbuttoned, and it was from my early knitting stash so overall I'm happy.

16 comments:

  1. That's a cardi to cheer you on bad days. Nice job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look gorgeous! Well done for finishing! The red colour really looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colour, and I like your super hero pose ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPERHERO!

    It looks stunning! Well done and so worth keeping until today to show us all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your superhero pose! You look fabulous in your new cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I'm gathering the courage to make myself a buttoned cardigan. I've got a small rib cage but a much larger bust. Doing the math to make it fit right seems really daunting to me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a beautiful job! I love the color & the superhero pose under the willow tree is just perfect. That button rocks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous, congrats on getting it done. You do indeed look like a super hero wearing it. The button...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Job well done! Huzzah! Love the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the cardigan! The color looks wonderful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So bright and beautiful and the buttons are very fun. Love the pose very Super-Girlish, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that cardi. It looks so cute and cheerful. I think it would be perfect to wear on a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete