5.7.11

A Very Green Fourth

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday yesterday.  If you don't live in the US I hope you had a great day anyway.  I managed to get three days off in a row so I got to come home to visit my family.  For the past several years I have been various other places, typically working, and have not been home to enjoy any festivities.  While we could not make it to fireworks due to weather and a few family emergencies, we did manage to have quite a good time.

Mom has always grown herbs and this year the basil is taking over so we made pesto, a traditional summer treat at our house.


Basil, parsley, walnuts, and parmesan.  All ready for the liquefy setting.  It turned out great!


So good. And patriotic too!


Why yes, I am wearing my Featherwight.  See, it all comes back to knitting.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good holiday and could visit the family. The pesto looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete