26.2.12

A Klean Knitting Korner

Now that I am no longer in school I'm finding myself actually doing all the things I always claimed I never had time for.  Like cleaning out my closet to donate all the clothing I have hoarded accumulated or organizing the pantry.  On Sundays the museum opens late (for another week and then I lose my sleep-in day) and usually I try to get up in time to fit in a run before work.  Today I just decided not to.  Because clearly I am lazy.  And a bird woke me at six a.m. and I could not get back to sleep.  So instead I decided to organize what I affectionately call my Knitting Korner.


This is the view from my bed.  I love having my knitting stuff at the foot of my bed because it makes me smile every morning when I wake up.  I use baskets a lot to store things.  My mom sold Longaberger baskets when I was a baby so I've inherited a few and a love of storing things to show them off.  The top basket holds a few small UFOs that are hibernating and some FOs that need ends woven in.  Underneath I have a picnic basket that holds most of my leftovers.


I need to do some projects out of leftovers.  Maybe a super stripey Daybreak?

The highlight of my Knitting Korner (really of my room) is my yarn cabinet.  I inherited this from my grandmother, it was her tv stand in her bedroom, and it is in contention for my favorite piece of furniture ever.  It has shelves inside and I try to keep it all organized with socks and lace on the top and sweater quantities on the bottom.


Looking at it from this angle I really don't think I need any more yarn.  How awesome would it be if I had so much yarn it did not fit in the cabinet?  So awesome, that's how awesome.


And at the end of the day, if it's functional on the inside, then on the outside it really should be all about the pretty.  Hey look, another basket!




No comments:

Post a Comment