3.2.12

A New Kind of Love

You guys, I have a confession to make.  I'm in love.  Again.  I bill myself as not a romantic, but I tend to fall in love often.  Don't worry, Chris is aware and open to adding some outside cuddling to our relationship.  The gentleman who has stolen my affection is a little on the chubby side, a little young, and has some serious whiskers.


Meet Cogsworth,  the newest member of the Chic Geek household.  Last night Andrea and I went out to dinner and got to talking about pets and how empty the apartment has felt without Martin.  Next thing I know, I find myself standing in the pet store talking about rats and parakeets and holding a sweet little guinea pig.  It was love at first sweater snag.

I seriously did not intend to buy a pet.  It's only been a month since Martin died and I was not sure I wanted a new animal this soon.  But as soon as Cogsworth gave the pet shop guy attitude, I knew he was destined to live with us.  He pooped in my hand while I was holding him in the shop, which is evidently very unusual for guinea pigs.  I like to think that it was his way of saying that he wanted to live with me.


So today we're hanging out and bonding.  I brought his cage into my room and am holding him every once in a while so that he will grow accustomed to my voice and scent.  He has already climbed into the hood of my Star Wars hoodie to hide out while I was knitting, so I think we're off to a good start.


No comments:

Post a Comment