20.2.13

All About the Sweaters

Last week you all helped me to choose what sweater to swatch for next.  Almost overwhelmingly the votes were for Northern Lines (though votes for the grey snuck in at the end).  I did swatch, but now it is waiting on some calculations because I'm substituting such a different yarn.


So instead of potentially doing math I returned to the Twigs and Willows and finished the back.


I know!  And then Monday night I cast on the left front and after one day I am already past the ribbing.


Maybe I can rock this momentum and finish this out quickly.  Who knows?

So as soon as I wrote this I realized that something has gone terribly wrong with the left front.  Do you see it?  Yep, right there.  Evidently I miscounted how many rows of ribbing I knit before and after the decrease section and it has resulted in a much shorter side.  Normally I would insert a close up photo here since the lighting was so bad when I took these photos, but I'm too depressed by it all.  So I'm knitting my Pretty in Pink Shawl in the hopes that the yarn is so needy it will just fill in those extra rows.  Hey, it could happen, right?

In the meantime, check out the other WIPs over at Tami's Amis.


4 comments:

  1. I don't suppose it can be blocked to measurements, or addressed with a particularly wide button band?

    Good luck... sometimes a time out makes knitting behave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHH no, not the miscalculation gremlin. He's an evil monster. I hope you work it out, and that your math for the other sweater works out too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a sweater machine! Don't let a small hurdle slow you down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, I hate when I do something like that, it puts me in a frustrated funk. Don't let it get you down!

    ReplyDelete