13.2.13

Future Knitting Already in Progress

This WIP Wednesday I do not have much visible progress, so I thought I would crowd source for a future WIP.  Last night I was watching the premier of The Face (I know, but I'm tired of Top Model and it's Nigel), and I got the urge to start another sweater.  I am making progress on my Twigs and Willows, but I just cannot shake this startitis.  I don't think it will be happy until I have no empty needles.

I have two sweaters I am anxious to start.  First, the Whispy Cardi by Hannah Fettig.  I have had this in my queue for ages and bought the yarn specifically for this sweater last year.  If you have not seen it, it is a long sleeved drapy cardigan knit in lace weight.


Miss Babs Yet in Gothic Queen

The other sweater I am excited about is Alex Tinsley's Northern Lines.  This one uses stripes and contrasting hems to create an 80s-tastic sweater which is still wearable in everyday.


I am planning to knit mine in black with white stripes and this almost neon teal for the contrast.

But I can't decide.  I would ideally like to only cast on one because I think three sweaters on the needles will become far too insane.  So I am putting it to you.  Which would you prefer?

And check out some actual WIPs over at Tamis Amis


7 comments:

  1. Go with the Knit Picks yarn. Love those colors together.

    Visiting from Tami.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made the Wispy cardigan, which is quite lovely. However, it's not the best for ladies with any sort of erm...chest endowment. I believe I wore a 34D when I took this photo, and my girls look HUGE due to the cut of the neckline and the 'swoops' on the sides (sadly hard to see as it's a terrible bathroom/iPhone pic I haven't bothered to reshoot). It's like a frame for your boobs.
    http://www.ravelry.com/projects/katherinelynn04/wispy-cardi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do both. Your startitis demands it. Also both look super cute and I can't decide which is better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it were me, I'd be casting on Northern Line ... just because the idea of knitting a lace weight cardi makes me tired. And the teal colour is more upbeat and that's just what I need to brighten up my dreary overcast grey winter days :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The yarn you chosen for the sweaters is lovely! I think I would cast on one and work on it until you feel the need to cast on something new then cast on the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The grey, I love some grey and would love to see more of that yarn!

    ReplyDelete